Isaac is 32 months

Miriam is 15 months

 

Water Play

DSCF8619 

I have been wanting to do some pouring activities with Isaac for some time now.  This summer I had it in the back of my mind to do a water sensory tub outside, but never got around to it.  Now that the weather is cooling off, that idea will have to wait until next summer ;-)  But it has been warm here a few days this week, so Isaac and I headed outside to play in the water.  I realized as we were doing this, that he has never poured any liquid before!! So, we will continue to work on this.  He absolutely loved it and had a great time.  I had to strip him before we went back in the house. . . he was absolutely soaked, but had a huge smile on his face!

DSCF8618

 

 

Alphabet Matching

 

DSCF8634 

I brought out our Alphabet Matching cards this week along with our pocket chart.  I made these cards out of 2 identical posters I got from the Dollar Tree.  I cut them out, laminated them, and now we use them for matching games.

  DSCF8636

Our pocket chart came with these sight words and also a set of Alphabet cards (without pictures).  To add a little extra this time, I had Isaac match up the correct card (without pictures) to the correct letter.  We then also talked about “words” and how they are made up of our letters.  I used the sight word cards and had him tell me what the first letter was in the word, and we matched those up too. 

 

Little Touch Leap Pad

 DSCF8638 We pull this out at least once a week.  We now have 5 books that go with it and he LOVES it!  I had a whole stack of stuff to play with on this particular day and this was what he chose.  Miriam just likes to flip through the pages and doesn’t want me to show her how to play yet.  ;-)

DSCF8639 

 

Lovin’ Our Lacing Blocks

DSCF8643

We’re including Miriam more and more in our Tot School play times.  It has been great and it’s fun introducing Miriam to all these new things!

DSCF8646

I love how she is holding out a block to her brother!!

DSCF8651

I noticed that Isaac stacked up the blocks by shape all on his own! He seems to have quite the organizational mind! (I’m sure there’s a much more technical word for it, but he likes things neat and organized)

DSCF8661

Miriam and I had fun with the blocks while Isaac was napping.  I showed her the hole in the blocks and how to lace them together.  Here in this pic she is sticking her finger in the hole ;-)  We had such a good time and made some precious memories.  She was content to sit on my lap and snuggle as we played.   And of course I absolutely LOVED IT!!  She is such a little doll!

Bottle Cap Fun

 DSCF8685

We played with the bottle caps one day and both kids enjoyed it.  I first brought them out while Miriam was still taking her morning nap.  As Isaac was putting them in the container, we would call out what color it was, or what letter I had written on the cap.  As we were doing it, it gave me some more ideas of how to play with the bottle caps.  Hopefully more on that in a couple of weeks!

DSCF8694

Miriam got in on the fun once she woke up. 

DSCF8687 I had some tumblers that we have used with color sorting.  Isaac picked up the blue one and declared it his.  He then put all the blue bottle caps in it.  I have come to the conclusion that his favorite color is blue.  He picked out a blue fish the other day from our letter F printables and declared it his too.  ;-)

DSCF8699  Miriam loved playing with the tumblers as much as the bottlecaps.  She would stack and restack them.  In this pic I pulled out the green, orange, and blue caps and the same color cups.  I showed her how the colors matched, but she just wanted to play with the cups ;-)  I don’t have a picture of it, but Aaron played with her some with them.  She would hand him the stack, then he would only let her have one back at a time.  Once she had them all stacked again, she would hand them back to her daddy.

DSCF8696

My cute kids also like the sound they make when they talk into the cups :)

 

 

TotSchool150

To see what other moms are doing in Tot School this week, check out the official Tot School site!