DSCF8374

I fixed these salads the other night for supper and thought I would share with you!  This salad is soooo yummy and easy to throw together.  I got the original recipe out of a magazine and then tweaked it for our taste.

Here’s what you need for the salad:

  • green lettuce (I used green leaf lettuce here, but butter lettuce is also VERY yummy for this salad)
  • diced red onion
  • can of black beans, rinsed
  • cooked corn (I got a bag of the frozen sweet corn that you steam in the microwave, makes it extra fast!)
  • diced tomatoes
  • 1 lb. cooked chicken
  • shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese

Just layer in one big bowl or individual serving bowls. Sorry I do not have exact measurements.  For our family, I normally just cut up what I need at the moment and put in individual bowls.

The Dressing:

  • 2/3 cup Ranch mixed with
  • 1/4 cup BBQ sauce

Enjoy!