This particular recipe is my first very own creation :-) I had wanted something with chicken and corn and creamy so I started looking up recipes and used ideas from about 3 or 4! The result is one of my favorite comfort soups. It is so quick to make and easy to keep ingredients in stock. The other week I even made it on Saturday evening to have for Sunday lunch! We like it with grilled cheese sandwiches :)
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 – 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cubed or pulled
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can whole corn or bag frozen corn
- 1 can diced potatoes or 2 medium potatoes peeled, cubed, and cooked
- (optional) 1 c peas, bacon, and/or shredded cheese
- Above picture is without optional ingredients.
How to fix it:
- In your soup pot, sauté onion in butter and olive oil.
- Combine soup, milk, and broth and add to pot.
- Then add cooked chicken, corn, and potatoes to soup. (opt. peas) and simmer until heated/cooked through.
- Top with bacon and cheddar if desired.