As usual, I am having some difficulties with the camera, and therefore do not have as many pictures as I would like for this week!!! There have been so many times I thought, O I would love to capture that in a picture!! Like Miriam pulling herself up all the time now, Isaac doing "push-ups" with daddy or the two of them playing with the new bowling set. But I just tried to take a snapshot for my memory.
It's been a good week, I think we've been home for most of it! The coming weeks will be picking up speed... lots of things planned at the church and for us personally. One thing I am super excited about is the Women's ministry that is beginning to really take off at the church! I have had a burden for Women's ministry for a few years now and have been wanting to really see some fruitful Bible study groups for our ladies among other things. Well, right now we have 18...yes 18!!!! ladies in a Bible study group! (Out of a church of 100!) Praise the Lord! I can not tell you how excited I am! I know that God wants and IS going to do amazing things in the lives of these ladies and in their families. I pray that each of them begin to hunger for the Lord like never before and dig into His Word. And that each of them (and me!!) might be open to the Lord making a transforming difference in their lives.
I have also started teaching the youth Sunday School class again. I come to this with apprehension and excitement. (Youth can be somewhat intimidating! And I am definitely not up on all the latest movies/tv/music!) But I love each of them and desire for their faith in the Lord to be deep and for them to be faithful to Him.
So, like I said earlier, I'm having camera problems....again.... Hopefully will get it taken care of so I can take more pictures! So I only have a few pics for this week's Tot School since my "problems" started at the beginning of the week. We are working on a Farm Theme. I think we will be doing this for at least one more week, maybe two. I have a really cute Farm Themed Lapbook that I downloaded for free from Carisa at 1+1+1=1. I can't wait to get it finished....maybe tonight?
Other fun things we did this week during Tot School:
- Our Little Leap Pad: Animal Book
- Leapfrog Animal Farm
- Baby Einstein: Baby McDonald Day on the Farm video
- A colorful alphabet puzzle we picked up at a consignment shop. (LOVE consignment shops!)
- I found a fun poster at the Dollar Tree that has numbers 1-20 with the appropriate pictures. I cut it in half to focus on 1-10 and also so it wasn't so big and bulky. We then spent time counting and used Cheerios for fun.
- Lots and lots of reading! We went to the library and found lots of fun books about farm animals. His favorite is Millie Waits for the Mail by Alexander Steffensmeier. When I get to the end and say "The End", he does the sign language for "more". I am so glad he likes for me to read to him! Precious times!