As usual, I am having some difficulties with the camera, and therefore do not have as many pictures as I would like for this week!!! There have been so many times I thought, O I would love to capture that in a picture!! Like Miriam pulling herself up all the time now, Isaac doing "push-ups" with daddy or the two of them playing with the new bowling set. But I just tried to take a snapshot for my memory.
It's been a good week, I think we've been home for most of it! The coming weeks will be picking up speed... lots of things planned at the church and for us personally. One thing I am super excited about is the Women's ministry that is beginning to really take off at the church! I have had a burden for Women's ministry for a few years now and have been wanting to really see some fruitful Bible study groups for our ladies among other things. Well, right now we have 18...yes 18!!!! ladies in a Bible study group! (Out of a church of 100!) Praise the Lord! I can not tell you how excited I am! I know that God wants and IS going to do amazing things in the lives of these ladies and in their families. I pray that each of them begin to hunger for the Lord like never before and dig into His Word. And that each of them (and me!!) might be open to the Lord making a transforming difference in their lives.
I have also started teaching the youth Sunday School class again. I come to this with apprehension and excitement. (Youth can be somewhat intimidating! And I am definitely not up on all the latest movies/tv/music!) But I love each of them and desire for their faith in the Lord to be deep and for them to be faithful to Him.


More Pics From This Week

Isaac loves trying on our shoes. Here he found my tennis shoes.



Trying to put on socks by himself (even though they are mommy's socks) This is a normal occurrence when I'm folding laundry in the living room with the kids.


Aaron picked up a bowling set the other day for $5. The kids have had a blast with it this week! This was Miriam's first time playing with it. Isaac was asleep at the time, otherwise he would have been right in the middle of it!



I was laying Miriam down for her nap the other day and Isaac was already sleeping. He stirred a little and ended up in this position. I could resist taking a picture ;)



Tot School
Isaac is 26.5 months old

So, like I said earlier, I'm having camera problems....again.... Hopefully will get it taken care of so I can take more pictures! So I only have a few pics for this week's Tot School since my "problems" started at the beginning of the week. We are working on a Farm Theme. I think we will be doing this for at least one more week, maybe two. I have a really cute Farm Themed Lapbook that I downloaded for free from Carisa at 1+1+1=1. I can't wait to get it finished....maybe tonight?

I won these fun magnetic pom-poms from Erin at Home Grown Hearts. This was our first week using them and Isaac's first real experience with magnets. He had lots of fun with them and I'm looking forward to using these often! The printable "A" page was downloaded from Making Learning Fun.



We've been focusing alot of colors. I'm pretty sure he can recognize his colors, he's just not verbalizing the names of them at this point much. Here is a fun color matching file folder game that I got from Erin at Home Grown Hearts. The first time we played it, he matched them all right away with just a little bit of guidance.


The next few times (when daddy was watching :-P, he put all the colors on the wrong pictures!!!! "sigh" I think he was just playing with me. Crazy kid!

Other fun things we did this week during Tot School:
  • Our Little Leap Pad: Animal Book
  • Leapfrog Animal Farm
  • Baby Einstein: Baby McDonald Day on the Farm video
  • A colorful alphabet puzzle we picked up at a consignment shop. (LOVE consignment shops!)
  • I found a fun poster at the Dollar Tree that has numbers 1-20 with the appropriate pictures. I cut it in half to focus on 1-10 and also so it wasn't so big and bulky. We then spent time counting and used Cheerios for fun.
  • Lots and lots of reading! We went to the library and found lots of fun books about farm animals. His favorite is Millie Waits for the Mail by Alexander Steffensmeier. When I get to the end and say "The End", he does the sign language for "more". I am so glad he likes for me to read to him! Precious times!