Now that we have settled into Fall (to which I am EXTREMELY thankful – its favorite season!) we have settled into more of a weekly routine.  There are a some really exciting things going on in the church and I am so blessed to be a part of them!  I just wanted to give you a little glimpse of what all is going on this fall. 

 

Women’s Bible Study

I am so blessed once again to help lead a Ladies Bible Study group.  We are doing another Beth Moore study:  Esther, It’s Esther Tough Being a Woman.  We have TWO groups again this semester for a total of 15 ladies participating!  This has been a desire of my heart for some time  and I am just full of joy over it and so thankful to the Lord.  I felt like my heart might burst this past Thursday night at the beautiful picture I got to see – eight amazing women gathered in my living room studying the Word of God together.  It is in those moments in ministry that keep you going!  I thank the Lord for using me and pray that I will always be continually obedient to his leading and willing to be used by Him. 

 

Growing Kids God’s Way

Aaron and I have the privilege of learning along with three other couples about how to raise our children according to the Word of God.  We are using a series called Growing Kids God’s Way.  It is an eighteen week course (pretty intense) and we are about 4 weeks into it at this point.  I have to say, for us personally as a family, I am SO GLAD that we are  going through this.  We all want our children to be well-behaved and respectful of others, but this course takes thiGKGWngs a step further and asks the question, Why do we want our children to behave in such a manner?  Is it so WE look good?  So we won’t be embarrassed out in public?  Instead our answer to the question WHY should be based on Biblical principles, that we want our children to have it in their heart to obey us and ultimately to obey God.  Our children’s obedience should come out of a heart that desires to obey because they know the moral reason why and not just out of fear of punishment.  This course really helps to lay the foundation of reaching the heart of your child for Christ.  These first few weeks we are really laying a foundation for this and learning the extreme importance that the marriage relationship plays in the family.  As we go along, hopefully I will take time to share little nuggets that I have learned from this.

 

True U:  Does God Exist?

TrueUI have been teaching the Youth Sunday School  class again for a few months now.  I have not been real happy with the curriculum we have been using and have felt like they need something with more depth and more foundational in the faith.  I recently came across a series that Focus on the Family and the Truth Project have helped to put out.  I am so excited about this and pray that the Lord will use it to help our youth become deeply rooted in their faith.