Aaron and I had talked a while back and decided it was time we became more intentional and consistent in teaching Isaac. I began looking online for resources that were creative and easy on the budget. One site led to another and I found Carissa at 1+1+1=1 and what she calls Tot School. The basic concept behind it is spending quality time with you child exposing them to learning through creative and fun play. She has LOTS of fun activities on her blog and "lapbook" resources that you can print our for free and make. So Isaac and I take an hour most mornings after breakfast and have "Tot School". This particular morning, I had printed off these adorable ant print offs, laminated them and cut them in half. (I got these from http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/. She has got ALOT of great learning activities she has created that you can print off for free!) Then Isaac matched up the colors. As he gets older he can also match up the lower case with the upper case "A". I was pleasantly surprised that he matched up ALL the colors!!! I am beginning to learn not to underestimate him! One of the funniest things watching with him, was I would lay my two pieces of the ant side by side to make a complete ant, while Isaac would put the smaller piece underneath the larger piece when he would make a match! He is so meticulous!! More posts to come regarding our Tot School activities. The button for Tot School and Confessions of a Homeschooler are both in the right hand column, check them out, they've got some great stuff! As you will notice in this pic, Isaac took a break from matching colors and was UNDERNEATH the coffee table!